You have heard about wireless identity theft as well as other technology-related scams. Scammers will never hesitate to steal information from you in instances you least expect. While this is the case, cons have gone for the old-fashioned method of stealing information like prying on your screen. This mostly happens when you are in public areas or traveling and is known as visual hacking. Someone will just have their eyes on your computer screen as you type your passwords or surf the internet. If you are working from your own office or at home, this will not be much of a concern. Adding a computer privacy screen protector will go a long way to secure your private information. These are filters that stop unauthorized individuals from seeing what is on your screen.
You shall get to understand how computer privacy screen protectors work as we proceed. The main reason why we made this piece is to educate readers on how to get the best of these screen filters. This is because there are so many of them available for sale today. It is not obvious that any of these will be a good fit for your laptop or desktop monitor. Just to make sure that you are getting the best, there are specific factors that you will need to consider. All these are covered in this post along with good recommendations that you will want to consider. Without any further ado, let us get started.
List of Best Computer Privacy Screen Protectors
#10. Skylarking 24″ Computer Privacy Screen Protector
This computer privacy screen filter will perfectly fit monitors with a size of 24 inches and an aspect ratio of 16:9. Once the filter has been placed over the laptop or monitor, one will be able to see what is displayed when they are directly in front. All the same, as one moves gradually to the right or left, the screen continues becoming dark. Complete blackout happens when one is beyond 30 degrees from the center of the screen.
Other than protecting the privacy of your information, this filter has an anti-scratch design to protect the screen. It also prides itself on a multi-layer design that will help to reduce UV exposure and blue light. You however need to note that this filter does not work with touchscreens. With the clear adhesive strips, the filter will attach perfectly to any monitor type. If you are looking to keep your personal information secure and confidential, this is the filter for you.
- Perfectly fits different models with a size of 24 inches
- An anti-scratch coating that is aimed at protecting the filter
- There are 2 attachment options
- Helps to keep personal data confidential
- The filter has a simple installation
- Reduces UV and blue light for eye protection
- Frameless, thin, and light in weight
- It helps to protect the screen from scratches
- Incompatible with touchscreens
#9. Amazon Basics Computer Privacy Screen Filter
This is another computer privacy screen protector that will help in keeping your screen information safe from any prying eyes. It will be perfect when flying, commuting, working in cafes, and any other public space. The screen filter is going to create a restricted viewing angle of 60 degrees. It, therefore, means that you will only see clearly when directly in front of the screen. When you move off the center of the screen, you will have a darkened screen.
The other benefit of this screen filter is the fact that it reduces the harsh blue light resulting in less eye strain. Apart from that, it will also protect the monitor or laptop screen from dust and scratches. Installation is very easy either with the removable adhesive strips or the bezel tabs. The other feature that makes it unique is the fact that it has a reversible design. You can choose its glossy side for better clarity or its matte side to reduce glare and also distract reflection. Being backed with a limited warranty for 1 year, you should have complete buying confidence.
- It keeps your information from the prying eyes
- Creates restricted viewing angle of 60 degrees alone
- Reduces the harsh blue light for less eye strain
- Backed with a limited warranty for 1 year
- Enhanced privacy for private and public spaces
- It has a limited viewing angle
- Reversible sides for extra clarity
- The privacy screen has a simple installation
- It does not fit well
#8. Akamai Office Products UV & Blue Light Filter Privacy Screen
This privacy screen filter has been made to work perfectly with different monitor brands including HP, Samsung, and others. With this screen filter, you will never expose your personal and business data to prying eyes. The filter will basically darken the LCD screen when seen from the sides but allow a clear vision for you. If you are looking to keep your computer secure, get these screen filters and have peace of mind.
The good thing about this brand is that it covers both standard and widescreen monitors. Installation is very easy with the adhesive strips that guarantee long-lasting protection. The package comes with installation instructions to guide you through the installation process. Other than keeping your information private, you will appreciate that the screen filter reduces blue light and glare. This helps to keep your eyes safe from strains.
- Engineered to work with different monitor models
- Leaves hackers in the dark
- 3M adhesives to guarantee long-lasting protection
- Blue light and anti-glare protection
- It has a simple installation
- The filters will darken the LCD screen
- It can be used with different models of monitors
- Reduces harmful blue light by up to 70%
- Images become fuzzy and blurry
#7. Adaptix Gloss Finish Privacy Filter Protector
Regardless of where you are working, you should never put your information at risk. Always protect privacy with this privacy filter for your monitor when at home or at work. What makes it unique from its competitors is the fact that it works with touchscreens. It also works with every size meaning that it can work with different monitor brands. You will also be amused to learn that it has met strict standards to safeguard the privacy of your information.
This screen filter has been made in a way that its installation will be pretty easy. Other than helping to safeguard your information’s privacy, you will also appreciate that it protects your screen from dust and scratches. It also helps to minimize blue and UV light by 96% for the safety of your eyes. The screen filter has a strongly adhesive strap that will keep it in place on the screen. What should motivate you to buy this screen filter is the fact that customer satisfaction is guaranteed.
- It can be used with different monitor models
- The screen privacy filter has a simple installation
- Made in an anti-glare and scratch-resistant design
- Reduces blue light exposure and UV radiation by 96%
- Protects your private information
- Works with different monitor models
- Reduces blue light and UV rays for proper eye protection
- Customer satisfaction is guaranteed
- It will never lay flat on your monitor
#6. Nusign+ Computer Privacy Screen Protection for Desktop
The Nusign+ computer screen protector has been made to fit screens with a size of 24 inches. You are therefore advised to measure your screen size before making your order. The screen filter has the ability to block prying eyes from an angle of 30 degrees from the side. It however gives you a crystal clear screen when you are directly in front of it. The main aim is to keep the screen content safe in a simple and easy manner.
The blackout privacy screen filter has 2 attachment options. You can either use the included dual-sided adhesive strips. Alternatively, you can make use of the quick reveal tabs that offer an easy and fast way of removing and attaching the filter. It also helps to protect the monitor screen from fingerprints and scratches. The customer service is friendly and the support team will be in a position to help whenever you will need them.
- Properly fits screens with a size of 24 inches
- There are 2 attachment options
- Blacks out the screen from a side angle of 30 degrees
- The privacy screen acts as a screen protector too
- The brand offers customers proper after-sales services
- It has a simple installation
- Protects the monitor screen from fingerprints and scratches
- This is a risk-free purchase
- It might not fit as expected
#5. EZ-Pro Anti Blue Light and Anti Glare
If you find it hard to work on your daily tasks on the computer due to so many prying eyes, this screen filter will be good for you. With this screen filter, you will confidently key in your passwords and surf the internet. You will also appreciate that the screen filter has an anti-scratch and anti-glare technology other than offering privacy. This, therefore, helps to reduce the exposure that your eyes have to the blue light.
Installation for this privacy screen filter is pretty easy now that it comes with the installation instructions. If you have a 19-inch monitor size, this screen filter will perfectly fit in there. The only disadvantage of the filter is the fact that it does not work with touchscreens. The screen filter works by limiting the angle of viewing to the straight position. This, therefore, means that it will be only you who will be able to see the screen contents.
- Restricts screen visibility to the straight position
- Helps to improve your information confidentiality
- Reduces exposure of the eyes to Blue light and UV rays
- Ideal for 19-inch computer monitors
- Blocks 100% of the hazardous UV light
- Comes with installation instructions
- It has optically clear adhesive strips
- Great for privacy and glare
- Not compatible with touch screens
#4. VINTEZ Privacy Screen Filter for Widescreen
The Vintez privacy screen filter will be good for high traffic and public areas. It has been engineered to be compatible with different monitor brands including HP, Samsung, and others. The screen filter will perfectly fit screens with a size of 24 inches. Its operating principle is pretty easy since it gives you a clear view and limits the view for the prying eyes. When looking at the screen at an angle of 30 and 60 degrees, the screen will be dark.
What makes this screen filter worth buying is the fact that it doubles as a screen filter and an eye protector too. Better still, it is scratch-resistant and will therefore keep the screen as clean as new. Its reversible design brings you the convenience of choosing between the glossy or matte finish. When it comes to installation, you will have no issues at all with the 2 attachment options. The lifetime replacement policy should give you enough buying confidence.
- The privacy screen is ideal for high traffic and public areas
- Engineered to be compatible with different monitor models
- Clear view for you and dark screen for others
- Doubles as a screen and eye protector
- The installation is easy
- This filter is scratch-resistant and anti-glare
- Ideal for all screen types including touch and curved screens
- 30 degrees real privacy
- Poor support and highly-priced
#3. Kensington FS220 Privacy Screen for 16:10 Monitors
This screen filter has been made to fit screens with a size ranging from 20 to 22 inches with an aspect ratio of 16:10. It works with monitors having square corners but not those that have round corners. The screen filter also prides itself on the simple and fast spring-loaded mount. This, therefore, ensures that you easily take the privacy screen filter on and off as you wish.
The screen filter works by narrowing down the field of vision by 30 degrees. In this regard, you will be able to keep your information very private and secure from potential hackers. With its textured surface and the light tint, you will enjoy the minimized glare and improved contrast. Similarly, the harmful blue light will be reduced by not less than 30% for the best eye protection. The hard-coated surface for this filter will also protect the sensitive flat panel from any damages.
- Perfectly fits monitors with a size between 20 and 22 inches
- Simple and convenient mount system
- Hard-coated surface to protect sensitive flat screens
- Reduces harmful blue light by 30%
- It has a limited viewing angle
- A convenient spring-loaded mount
- Filters the harmful rays by 30%
- Fits the widescreen flat-panel monitors
- Does not remain in place
#2. SightPro 24″ Computer Privacy Screen- Privacy & Anti-Glare Protector
If you are looking for a screen filter that will work seamlessly with different monitor brands, this has to be the best pick. All the same, the monitor should have a size of 24 inches. You will be amazed to learn that it installs in minutes with the two attachment options provided. You can decide to use the clear adhesive strips or use the slide mount tabs.
Other than blocking the prying eyes, you will also learn that this privacy screen helps to reduce glare and keep your eyes safe. With its ability to limit the view, this privacy screen has been proven to be ideal for open workspaces and travel. You should buy this screen filter with confidence knowing that it will never compromise your information privacy.
- There are 2 attachment options
- Superior privacy and anti-glare
- Ideal for travel as well as open workplaces
- Compatible with different monitor brands
- Protects the eyes from the harmful UV and blue light
- Helps to improve screen visibility by reducing glare
- It blocks prying eyes at an angle of 60 degrees
- This is a risk-free purchase
- Poor adhesion for touch screens
#1. Hanging Computer Privacy Screen Film
We finally sum up this review with this screen filter that has been made for the 27” monitors. What makes it better than its competitors is the fact that it can be used with curved screens as well. The monitor privacy filter will make data visible to individuals sitting in front of the screen only. It supports a viewing angle between 30 and 60 degrees. You however need to understand that the filter will make the screen darker than earlier.
It is also worth noting that the hanging screen protector has superior visual clarity that helps to reduce eye strain. It helps to protect your eyes by basically filtering out 99.9% of the UV rays. Better still, it helps to protect the computer screen from dust. You will also like the fact that you will be able to complete the installation within a few minutes. Being made of durable materials, it will serve you for quite a long time.
- It is perfect for 27-inch monitors
- Enhanced privacy protection
- Superior visual clarity to minimize eye strain
- The privacy filter will support 30 to 60 degrees viewing angles
- It is ideal for workplace and personal use
- Simple and convenient installation
- The protector has waterproof and dustproof properties
- Anti-UV feature that protects your eyes
- Makes your screen darker
Guide for Users Before Buying
- Compatibility: This is one of the factors that you need to consider when buying your computer privacy screen protector. It must be compatible with your monitor model and size. When you compromise this, you will end up with a product that won’t work on your monitor. Make sure to measure the size of your screen before making your order. You must also check to see whether the screen filter will work on curved screens and touchscreens as well.
- Installation: You will also want to know how easy or hard it will be to attach the screen filter to your computer’s screen. Ensure that the package comes with instructions that you will need to set up the filter in a seamless manner. Other than installation, you will want the filter to remain fixed on the screen without coming off. Most of these screen filters have two attachment options that you can choose from. For instance, you can use adhesive strips that ensure that the filter sticks firmly on your screen.
- Image clarity: Privacy screen filters will block some light from your laptop’s screen which makes them dimmer. In this regard, you need to choose a filter that will not only block the prying eyes but also give you the best clarity for your screen’s content. This has to be done in a way that also takes care of your eyes by reducing the blue light emanating from your screens. You can offset the dimming aspect by increasing the screen’s brightness. However, this tends to shorten the battery life.
If you often work in some busy environment such as co-working spaces or the library, you do not want other people to peep on your screen. This is because doing so might compromise the privacy and safety of your personal information. You want whatever you are doing on your computer screen to be confidential. The best way to achieve that is having computer privacy screen protectors. These are special filters that have been made to be attached to your screens to limit the view on the screen. It does not limit the view for you but for other people. Additionally, these filters help to reduce the blue light and UV light effect on your eyes. Even better, they protect the screen from scratches and dust. We hope that the above review has at least one screen filter that will work for you.